Triple-I publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop are excited to announce 2D puzzle platformer Degrees of Separation arrives on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam and Xbox One on February 14, 2019 for $19.99 USD. In addition to offering an experience that’s perfect for solo and co-op adventurers, Degrees of Separation also boasts a narrative crafted by industry veteran and games writer Chris Avellone, known for his past work on Planescape: Torment, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, and Neverwinter Nights 2.
Featuring dual protagonists named Ember and Rime, each with the power to manipulate heat or cold, players must learn to master their respective temperatures as these two unlikely individuals grow ever closer. Tackling themes of closeness and separation, explore a gorgeously realized non-linear world that encourages players to experiment and interact with the environment around them, making use of Ember and Rime’s polar opposite skill-sets, all while seeking a common goal.
While Ember may cause a nearby river to melt, Rime can freeze it over just as easily. Leveraging their unique talents and bringing together two opposing forces rests at the center of this atmospheric puzzle adventure that weaves together gameplay, narrative, and character development for a powerful emotional experience.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.