Indie publisher Little Orbit and developer Descendant Studios today announced launch details for their long-awaited reimagining of the award-winning classic shooter Descent. In Descent, players fight through twisting tunnels and vast caverns where the concepts of up and down mean nothing and danger lurks around every corner.
Little Orbit is honoring the spirit of open-development from the original reboot project by inviting early supporters to a special PC Beta beginning in November. PC Beta players will help the studios polish the final release candidate.
Retail and digital full release for PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 will be coming in early 2019, now including Nintendo Switch.
“This has been more than a 3 year journey for the Kickstarter backers, Early Access players, and fans who all made this game possible. We are excited to begin rolling out the Descent beta for players later this year,” said Matthew Scott, CEO of Little Orbit. “With Descent, we are reimagining a classic franchise, while still staying true to the core gameplay that made it one of the most popular games of the 90s.”
Pre-order benefits include:
- PC Beta starting last this year
- A custom version of the Generation III “Viola” ship w/ exclusive paint job
- Special PC Beta challenges to unlock exclusive pre-season cosmetic rewards
- Multipass upgrade for multiplayer seasons 1 & 2 with additional gameplay challenges
- “Secret Missions” DLC with additional single-player missions, landing later in 2019!