In addition to a limited-time launch discount, Impact Gameworks has also released a new launch trailer, over a dozen new pixel-perfect screenshots, and will also be hosting an AMA on reddit’s /r/games, which will kick off at 9:00am PST.
Featuring a high level of replayability with dozens of hours of gameplay through procedurally-generated maps, memorable characters, 12 unique job classes, hundreds of items to collect and use, and over 50 otherworldly monsters to battle and tame, Tangledeep weaves a truly magical experience for adventurers of all skill levels.
Tangledeep is a dungeon-crawling tribute to the golden age of RPGs, inspired by the lively visuals and music of such classic games as Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Its strategic, turn-based gameplay combines the accessibility and polish of these games, and draws from a rich history of roguelikes from NetHack to Shiren the Wanderer and even modern dungeon crawlers like Diablo. Players can approach the titular, ever-changing labyrinth in a myriad of ways, using the game’s robust character job system and huge assortment of equipment to create a unique experience with each playthrough.
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique job classes with over 100 skills
- Choose between three game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath
- Share progress between characters by using the banking system, planting magic trees, or capturing and raising monsters in the Monster Corral
- Venture into ITEM DREAMS, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by industry legends Hiroki Kikuta, Grant Kirkhope, and Norihiko Hibino
- Play with virtually any controller and remap any control, use old-school keyboard-only support, or play using just the mouse
- Unlock Steam Achievements and craft Badges for gorgeous hand-drawn wallpapers and emotes