Developer Dead Mage and publisher 11 bit studios are excited to announce that Children of Morta has launched today for PC after five years of creative development. Available now for $21.99 USD (21,99€) players can pick up the game on Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, Green Man Gaming, and others. The console version will debut next month on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch launching on October 15th. This pixel-art painted RPG with vigorous action tells a remarkable story, not about one warrior, but a family of heroes – the Bergsons – and their bonds of love, courage, and sacrifice.
Check out the awesome animated launch trailer below.
Children of Morta sets its story in a distant land but copes with themes closer to our daily lives than one would expect. It’s a tale of simple emotions that we all know and value more than we sometimes dare to admit: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, and the loss and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for. The rogue-lite action plays an important role in the gameplay, but Children of Morta is not a story about saving the universe. It’s a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.
Children of Morta is about:
- FAMILY TIES as the Bergsons strengthen them and themselves when fighting.
- INHERITED TALENTS as each family member has different backgrounds and expertise, shaping them into a diverse group of Guardians.
- ANCESTRAL WISDOM of Grandma Margaret and Uncle Ben – the seer and blacksmith of the family. They upgrade the family’s gear and boost main attributes.
- MYSTICAL MOUNTAIN as a place full of history, legends, and magic. Delve into the mountain itself and unravel the mysteries inside.
- AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD as the touch of corruption makes every forest, dungeon, or temple different each time you explore and skirmish through them.
- A UNIQUE ART STYLE that is a combination of hand-painted pixel art and frame-by-frame animations paired with modern lighting techniques.