Nintendo rolled out an exceptional system update for Nintendo Switch (version 4.0.0) earlier and one of the games that is taking advantage of one of its features also received an update. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe now has some welcoming changes to the game’s balance as well as now being able to utilize Switch’s video capture feature. The patch notes are listed below.
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.