The Capture button seen on Nintendo Switch’s various controller choices has allowed players to capture images with quick succession during their gaming sessions. It’s found quite the use for potentially captivating moments in games such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Nintendo has just released a new system update for Nintendo Switch with version 4.0.0 that allows for capturing video for the last 30 seconds of your gameplay. The feature records and saves to your Nintendo Switch without any interruptions while you play.
Capturing video works by pressing and holding the Capture button for a few seconds which then notifies the player when it’s starting to record. Players may also edit the video with a trim tool to highlight the exact part they want to share with friends on Facebook and Twitter. When finished editing, a duplicate is created while preserving your original video file. Don’t worry about having your new memorable moment get lost in the sea of images you’ve captured as you can now sort your album to display both images and videos separately.
In addition to video capture, Nintendo Switch owners are now allowed to transfer user data & save data to another Nintendo Switch system. We have the full list of what’s included in this update below:
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.0 (Distributed 10/18/2017)
Added the following system functionality
- Capture video on select games
- To capture video, hold down the Capture Button during gameplay
- Up to a maximum of the previous 30 seconds will be saved in the Album. You can trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post to Facebook and Twitter.
- As of October 18th, 2017, this feature is compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon 2
- Select from 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Transfer user and save data to another system
- To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data
- Pre-purchase option on Nintendo eShop
- A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
- This feature will be supported by future game releases
- News channel updates
- The news feed has been updated with a new look.
- Unfollowing a channel will remove that channel’s content from the news feed and following the channel again will make it reappear.
- Match software version with a group of local users
- To create a group, head to the software’s Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
- Everyone’s software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
- All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
- Changed the specification which hid wireless networks using TKIP security from the network search results. Wireless networks using TKIP security will now display in search results as a grayed-out selection instead of not being displayed
- The Nintendo Switch console supports WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), and WPA2-PSK(AES). If your router is using a different security type (e.g. WPA-PSK(TKIP)), you will need to change this security type within your router’s settings