Award-winning games publisher, Headup is delighted to announce that Rigid Force Redux, a horizontal shoot ’em up with modern 3D-Graphics, is coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox One very soon.
Developed by com8com1, a studio led by Marcel Rebenstorf, who previously worked at Ubisoft Blue Byte on titles such as the ANNO series and Might and Magic Heroes Online, Rigid Force Redux breathes new life into the classic side-scrolling shooter genre with its lovingly hand-crafted 3D models, stunning environments, detailed effects, and an electrifying Synthwave soundtrack.
Rigid Force Redux is the vastly improved console version of Rigid Force Alpha, self-published by com8com1 on Steam in August 2018. Completely redeveloped in the Unity engine, Rigid Force Redux combines the acclaimed original gameplay with numerous improvements such as ultra smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay, vastly improved difficulty balancing and overhauled visuals, effects and user interfaces.
- Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
- Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
- Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
- A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
- Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
- Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait