Super Neptunia RPG is headed for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, digitally and physically, on June 25 in North America and June 28 in Europe. The Steam version will release on June 20. Idea Factory International gave us another update before then in the form of:
- Screenshots: Battle Pt. 2 – Break Attacks
- System Update: Element, Buffs/Debuffs, Goddess Form, Break Attacks
- Character Profile Update: Neptune, Noire, Blanc, Vert, Chrome
The Battle Pt. 2 – Break Attacks screenshot batch shows off the Goddesses and a new character, Chrome, performing their special Break Attacks.
The Break Attack gauge has four slots that fill up as you attack the enemy. Once a slot fills, you can select a character to unleash a Break Attack. Choose to perform a Break Attack at every chance, or wait until all four slots fill so all party members can cause ultimate destruction.
SYSTEM UPDATE: ELEMENTS, BUFFS/DEBUFFS, GODDESS FORM, BREAK ATTACKS
- Elements: Skills have an Elemental type that can affect the damage that enemies and allies take. With a total of 9 Elements, players will need to prepare and set their skills accordingly to defeat any foe. An enemy can react to elements in three different ways: Weak, Absorb, and Resist. Players should note that if the elemental match-up is unfavorable, you can end up dealing zero damage, or even healing the enemy.
- Goddess Form: Players can transform their CPUs into their Goddess Form when the Goddess Gauge is filled. The Goddess Gauge will increase as your CPU take damage from an enemy during battle. Transforming into their Goddess Form will change your CPU’s appearance and also increase their stats.
- Break Attacks: Each character can perform a character-specific special attack known as a Break Attack. Before you can cast your Break Attack, players will need to fill their Break Gauge, which increases every time you deal damage to an enemy. Once a slot is filled, players can pick one character to unload their Break Attack.
CHARACTER UPDATES: NEPTUNE, NOIRE, BLANC, VERT, CHROME