Developed by Shockwork Games, Alder’s Blood is a turn-based, tactical stealth game with a dash of strategy. Gamers take on the role of one of the Hunters – perfectly trained and highly skilled, professional monster slayers. The Hunters carefully plan their attacks, sneaking in the shadows until they can almost feel the nasty breath of the monster they set their sights on, to then strike in no time. Quick, quiet, and deadly, Hunters overcome their enemies with the use of tactics, specialized gear and dark arts. However in a one-on-one encounter even the most experienced and skilled Hunter doesn’t stand a chance when facing a beast. That is why joining forces with other Hunters and valuing tactics higher than muscles is crucial for staying alive. Because, don’t forget, these terrifying monsters can easily detect a Hunter’s presence by their scent. Be sure to monitor wind direction, avoid being noticed, and prepare deadly ambushes. Remember that hunting tools are as important as your weapons, and you should make good use of the sophisticated technology and dark artifacts you have at your disposal. But most of all remember that whatever you do, your resources will be limited, and opportunities rare. So don’t waste any of them.
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world our god has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world, bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West. Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.