Retro Games Ltd. and Solutions 2 GO announced today that theTHEC64® Mini is coming to North American retail stores on October 9. THEC64® Mini, a 50% replica of the of the world’s bestselling home computer that launched in 1982, comes pre-loaded with 64 classic games and THEC64® Joystick. Originally designed with fans of the original machine in mind,THEC64® Mini is also attractive to kids and families thanks to its simple plug and play action. Aspiring gamers of yesteryear can revisit the past and program their own games – just add a keyboard, andTHEC64® Mini becomes a fully functional home computer complete with C64 BASIC.
THEC64® Mini is available now for pre-order now at retailers across North America.
“We are delighted to be able to bring back some of the most loved retro games ever, on one of the most successful formats of all time”, said Paul Andrews, Retro Games’ Managing Director. “The North American release of THEC64® mini is a reimagining of the classic C64 computer and one of a series of products we have on the way.”
THEC64® Mini includes the following:
- Pre-loaded with all the Retro Faves: THEC64® Mini comes with 64 classic titles already installed, including: California Games, Winter Games, Impossible Mission II, Boulder Dash,Jumpman, Pitstop II, Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe, Street Sports Baseball, Summer Games II,Temple of Apshai Trilogy, Uridium and more.
- USB Ports: The unit comes equipped with two USB ports – perfect for adding an extra joystick for multiplayer games or plugging in a keyboard to create your own programming masterpieces.
- Customized Visuals: The unit features high definition output at 720p and 60Hz via HDMI, 4:3 ratio, US/Europe display mode options, and a CRT filter for that classic look.
- Back to the Basics: Plug in a USB keyboard and use as a fully functional home computer with C64 BASIC.
- Don’t Forget to Save: For the first time, THEC64® Mini allows you to easily save your progress in games.
- Always Optimized: THEC64® Mini supports software updates via USB flash drive so players have continued access to improved and enhanced programming.