Squids Odyssey is a pretty unique proposition: a tactical turn-based RPG with a twist of fling mechanism. The adventure takes place under the sea, as a murky black ooze is turning once friendly crustaceans into cranky monsters. With their realm under siege, a scrappy shoal of Squid heroes has no choice but to fight back.
But Squids Odyssey is not just about jaunty art style, quirky dialogues and cheerful music. The game offers a challenging tactical RPG experience. Hero classes, stat-boosting helmets, power-ups and the levels environment add a strategic element to the role-playing gameplay. The game features 90 missions for 15 hours of gameplay and the Pro Mode, with completely redesigned missions, doubles the challenge.
“While working on Furi for the Switch, we kept thinking that Squids would be a perfect fit for the console” said Emeric Thoa the game Creative Director. “You can use the touch screen or buttons and sticks, the format is perfect to enjoy the dialogues, the art shines on the small screen but you can also blast it full scale on a big TV, and you can take your game anywhere. We didn’t know it then, but the game was actually designed for the Switch! This is definitely our best version so far.”
- More than 15 hours of gameplay, 90+ levels plus the Pro Mode with completely redesigned missions!
- Build your party from 15 different Squids in 4 classes: shooters, scouts, troopers, and healers.
- Win turn-based battles with strategy and skill, using the environment and your party’s strengths to your advantage.
- An epic story across four exotic underwater kingdoms: tropical Aukai, Greek-themed Thalas, old West-inspired Seawood, and the Japanese kingdom of Wakame.
- Boost your heroes abilities with 65+ funky-looking helmets.
- Flexible controls: the game is playable with either the touch screen, the sticks and buttons or the Pro Controller.
- The game is in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian.