Developer Casual Bit Games, partnered with Hound Picked Games, will soon release the successfully kickstarted game Battle Princess Madelyn for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam) on December 6th, with the Wii and Vita versions to follow later in the new year. Battle Princess Madelyn has garnered positive reception from numerous outlets with its development cycle and previews.
“It’s been an exciting, exhaustive, stressful, enjoyable, frustrating, etc. period over the last two years developing Battle Princess Madelyn and I would do it all over again. The feedback that has been given in the creation of the game, the positive remarks, the way social media, the specialist gaming press, etc. have supported the game throughout this long period has been nothing short of remarkable. The end result is a game the team are all proud of and went beyond what was envisioned. Within a very short time gamers will be able to play Battle Princess Madelyn. I hope it will give them as much enjoyment as it has to the team that created it!.”, Christopher Obritsch – Causal Bit Games
Battle Princess Madelyn follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play. Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of game play: Arcade which is fast paced old school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – some of which branch!
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.