Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 today announced that their hit turn-based strategy Worms W.M.D is now available to download for Nintendo Switch from the Nintendo eShop.
With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings, plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever – now with HD Rumble and playable anywhere!
Worms W.M.D on Nintendo Switch includes all the content from the original game plus the Liberation and Forts Mode updates and content from the All-Stars pack which features a blockbuster line-up of guest stars from hit games such as Rocket League, Goat Simulator, The Escapists and Yooka-Laylee.
Worms W.M.D for Nintendo Switch features:
- Extensive single player campaign including 20 training missions, 30 campaign missions and 10 challenges to complete and compete against your friends on the leaderboards with!
- Local multiplayer: Engage in local multiplayer worm warfare with friends using a variety of different controller options – up to four players can play using a mixture of either individual Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller. If you want to extend the fun to a six-player battle, then simply pass the controller!
- Online multiplayer: Take to the battlefield and unleash Wormageddon to your friends online with full online multiplayer support
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in battle-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from above in helicopters and pound your enemies into submission in the mech!
- Buildings: Gain the tactical advantage by keeping your worms’ heads down and hiding out in a building, protecting them from direct attacks!
In addition, brand new content coming first to Nintendo Switch:
- A new space theme – Wormhole
- New Mushroom and Tree forts
- Three new hats
- Three new gravestones
Worms W.M.D is available to download now for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop for £19.99 / 29,99€ / $29.99.